Friday, April 18, 2014

Sullivan is 1 month old! (2/26/14)

That first month flew by!
Sullivan's first night home, he didn't sleep a wink! Since then he has been on a schedule of waking us up every 3 hours to eat and then goes back to sleep. He really is like a clock as it is usually exactly 3 hours to the minute! Since I am breast feeding, I have taken on the night time feedings and to be honest it's not as tiring as I expected. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely sleep deprived but since he is so predictable it isn't so bad waking up to feed and then going back to sleep. And honestly there is something so special about being up in the middle of the night, when no one else is awake and it's quiet and dark, while I nurse my baby back to sleep that I will miss one day. I know it's because Sully is so sweet and calm in the middle of the night that I really just take that time to enjoy him. And when daddy is home on the weekends, he gets up early to spend alone time with his boy, and mommy gets to sleep in!

Sullivan is growing like a weed and obviously loves to eat! This one is ALL boy - he farts constantly, burps loudly, and wakes up grunting, and wants to eat all. the. time. He is so alert and content most of the day. Evenings are not his favorite time of day, specifically 7-10pm, and we spend a lot of that time feeding, walking, bouncing and patting his little butt to sleep. The "witching hour" that people talk about is spot on!
Overall, he is an absolute JOY and dare I say, a very easy baby. We are loving every moment with him.
He just started smiling at mommy and I cannot get enough of him. First smiled on 2/24/14... And my heart melted... Here is a picture of the first smiles:)

Here are some of our favorite photos from Sully's first month:


Our first day home as a family!
Happy Valentines day from our little lover!



 Daddy's first poopy diaper ;)
 Sleep deprived daddy and puppy!

 First walk when it hit 40degrees outside - 4 weeks old!

 Sully's favorite way to sleep.

 A few favs from our 1 month photo session! A lot of our favorite pictures are not the best quality because they are taken with our cell phones since they are always right there.


 We had newborn pictures taken with Jennifer Lee Photography when Sullivan was 7 days old... Here are 3 of our favorites. So precious!


We love our sweet boy! Thank so much to our families for all your help in surviving our first month of parenthood. It has been so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment